An introduction to PubMed for you that want to learn to search for medical and Health science information for research and clinical work.
Medical and Master students, PhD-students and researchers/staff at The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and St. Olavs University Hospital.
This course is held in English (if all participants are Norwegian speaking, the course will be held in Norwegian).
We have computers for the participants, but it is possible to bring your own laptop.The library has a wireless NTNU-network (Eduroam).
This is an introduction to PubMed for you that want to learn to search for medical and Health science information for research and clinical work. You will learn:
* How to use Boolean operators (AND/OR), thesaurus (MESH) and limit functions in PubMed optimally.
* What to do with search results (export to file, email and reference management programs like EndNote).
* How to find full text of an interesting article.
* How to order article copies (using Oria).
* How to personalize PubMed (MyNCBI) to be able to save searches and make email alerts.
Other topics may also be demonstrated.